Fleurieu Art Prize
Prize Pool: $50 000.00
|Regularity:||Biennially||Exhibit Will Tour:||Yes|
|Sales Commissions:||35%||Date Entry Closed:||Aug 5|
|Date Exhibit:||Nov 4||Date Announced:||Nov 12|
|Entry Fee:||$45.00||Is Acquisitive:||Yes|
Entries must be original painting works completed by the entrant.One entry per artist per category.Artworks must not exceed 2m x 2m.All artworks enter
Details:Finalists exhibited during the Main Event in November 2011.
The Main art prize event will follow the format of previous events with five prizes on offer;
- The Fleurieu Art Prize, valued at $50,000, for landscape painting. This celebrates the enduring importance and the contemporary significance of landscape painting.
- The Fleurieu Vistas Prize, acquisitive prize valued at $10,000 for landscape painting of the Fleurieu Peninsula Region. This celebrates the continuing tradition since the time of European settlement of artists representing the Fleurieu in their work.
- The Art of Food and Wine Prize, valued at $10,000 for paintings of a food and /or wine industry theme. This celebrates the iconic food and wine industries of the region.
- The Fleurieu Water Prize, valued at $10,000 for paintings of an environmental water theme. Water surrounds the region and it sustains its industries. As the resource of water is under threat worldwide, this prize is a timely reflection of our world’s most important asset.
- And the Youth Scholarship, valued at $10,000 awarded to a young artist aged between 16 and 27 years towards the cost of a program of professional development in any medium with a landscape theme. This scholarship aims to nurture young talent by providing an opportunity for an individual to significantly advance their arts practice.